We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, nation origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or nay other legally protected status.
As a healthcare employer as defined in the Health Care Worker Background Check Act, we cannot knowingly hire, employ, or retain any individual in a position with duties involving direct care for clients, patients, or residents, and no long-term care facility shall knowingly hire, employ, or retain any individual in a position with duties that involved or may involve contact with residents or access to the living quarters or the financial, medical, or personal records of residents, who has been convicted of committing or attempting to commit one or more specified offenses. A list of disqualifying offenses can be obtained upon request or at http://www.idph.state.il.us/nar/disconvictions.htm
• We are required by law; under the Criminal Background Check Act to obtain a fingerprint based criminal record background check prior to offering you permanent employment, pursuant to the Uniform Conviction Information Act (UCIA).
• We may conditionally employ an applicant pending results of the criminal history record, for up to 3 months.
• We may not hire you, if the fingerprint based background check shows that you have been convicted of committing or attempting one or more of the disqualifying offenses.
• We may not hire or retain you if we become aware that you have been convicted in another State of committing or attempting to commit an offense that has the same or similar elements as any listed disqualifying offenses (as verified by court record, records from a State agency or a FBI criminal history check, or other bonafide governmental law enforcement agency).
• You may request a waiver, if you receive an adverse report in accordance with the condition of the Act. You may also submit the results of a previously completed fingerprint-based validation of the UCIA report if said report has been completed within the time frames accepted by the conditions of the Act.
• If the waiver of the prohibition against employment is granted, the facility has the option, but not the obligation, to hire you.
Applicant hereby acknowledges, by his or her signature below that the foregoing NOTICE TO APPLICANT has been explained by the facility and applicant agrees to cooperate with the criminal background check procedure and is aware that if the check results are adverse, the facility has the right not to offer employment, even if a waiver is granted.